Installing a blog is a BIG learning curve for newbies – there is a whole lot more to it than just installing WordPress. You need to do a lot of tweaks … before you are ready to start posting your work. Here are just some of the things that need doing:
- Deleting extraneous extras that WordPress automatically installs, i.e. comments, posts, plugins etc.
- Changing the settings of the permalinks to SEO friendly format
- Installing and configuring basic, necessary plugins – such as security (you do not want to get hacked), a contact form (so people can email you),
- Editing the general settings, including your blog name and description, commenting settings
… and a lot more …
So, as you can see – rather than being a simple one-click to add your WordPress blog installation … there is a whole lot more to it.
Now … you can of course take the time to learn how to do all of the above yourself, or you can take advantage of my FREE BLOG SETUP SERVICE … and have all those fiddly, time consuming and technical things done for you!
What My Free Blog SetUp Service Includes:
Along with the installation and configuration of the latest version of WordPress blogging platform onto your hosting account, I will also install, activate and configure the settings of the following plugins:
- Akismet: An anti-spam plugin – Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.necessary for keeping spammers to a minimum (because believe me – they WILL find you!)
- Stop Spammer Registrations: Checks against Spam Databases to to prevent spammers from registering or making comments on your blog. Stop Spammers is an aggressive spam plugin that stops spam registrations, logins and comments using multiple checks. It looks for typical spammer bad behaviors and blocks those. It blocks access to users who anonymize their browsers, and it checks how long it takes to fill in a comment or login form and blocks users who are too fast.
- Bullet Proof Security: My favorite free plugin for helping to keep your site safe from hackers. BulletProof Security offers great WordPress website security protection.
- Limit Login Attempts: A plugin that locks out a brute force attempt to hack your password and access your blog. Limit Login Attempts blocks an Internet address from making any further attempts on your password – after a specified limit on retries is reached, making a brute-force attack difficult or impossible.
- All in One SEO Pack: This plugin helps with search engine optimization (SEO) so your blog can be better found when people are using search engines.
- Google XML Sitemaps: This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently.
- Contact Form 7: Adds a contact page, so your site visitors can get in touch with you. Contact Form 7 can also manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents with flexibility.
What Else Will I Do?
- Fix the permalinks so your blog’s URL’s are nice and clean looking. This also SEO optimizes them.
- I will arrange the sidebar in decent configuration so it shows your recent posts and the latest comments from your visitors.
- I will add and configure the menu bar
- Set up your front page to show your latest posts
- Set up an “About Me” page – all ready for you to fill in what you want to tell your blog visitors about yourself.
… and I do a little more background tweaking, as well …
So, what you get will be a blog that is all set up and ready to go – for you to start posting your articles!
What Is Not Included In My Free Blog Installation:
I don’t cover the design aspects of your blog setup. The installed theme will be a basic WordPress theme to get you started. As there are thousands of themes available, this is something that you will need to chose personally. You will receive instructions on how to change your theme in my thank you email to you. As a minimum, you may like to add a nice header.
What I Require for Your Blog Setup:
You will need to sign up for a hosting account – this is the home where your blog lives on the web. As my blog setup service is offered free, for you to use my service – I do require for you to get your hosting though my affiliate link below, as I receive a referral fee. It does not cost you anything at all – and is how I am able to offer my service to you, at no cost.
Click here, and sign up for your hosting package at HostGator for 1 Penny, for the first month. This package is all you will need. If your blog becomes massive and very busy (woo hoo!) it is very easy to upgrade.
Once you have your hosting account, please fill in and send me your order form … then just sit back while I get everything ready for you to start blogging!
NOTE: Free service is only available on new hosting accounts. If you have any questions, or if you already have a Hostgator account – please feel free to contact me first.
Time Frame for Installation:
I guarantee that your blog will be ready within 3 working days – however I do try my best to fulfill all orders within one day … it just depends on how many orders have been submitted at the time. If you have an urgent request – you can email me first and I may be able to speed through the installation of your blog.
As you can see – here is a great opportunity to have a blog up and running in the shortest possible time – without all the headaches of trying to figure out all the the technical details in what can be a steep learning curve.
then come back to this page and
Then get ready to start blogging!